Efforts are underway to transform the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) into a model for other governmental entities in terms of digitalization. To accomplish this objective, the ICT Division of the Prime Minister's Office has developed the following information systems in-house.
1. EDMS (E-Document Management System)
The EDMS serves as a comprehensive platform for efficient document storage, organization, retrieval, collaboration, and control within the PMO, helping improve productivity, reduce manual effort, enhance security, and ensure compliance with document management requirements. This system facilitates the following features.
- Manage User: The EDMS incorporates robust security features to protect sensitive documents. It provides user authentication mechanisms.
- User Privilege: The users are assigned with some privileges, role-based access control, and granular permissions to control document access at various levels. That is to determine who is allowed to do what in the system.
- Document Storage and Organization: EDMS facilitates the storage and organization of letters received and sent by the PMO, as well as the letters exchanged among different divisions within the PMO.
Manage Workflow: The system has facilities to send documents in the document workflow. The EDMS supports workflow management capabilities to streamline document-centric processes. This includes the followings
- Forward documents to the officer(s) how responsible for taking action
- Acknowledge the document
- Reregister on workflow
- Combine with the previous record
- Classify as a copy received for information
- Classify as a feedback received
- Classify as a reply received
- Classify as no action needed
- Comment on the document
- Submit for recommendation/approval
- Bulk forwarding especially at the postal division to increase the efficiency
- Sorting and Filtering: The EDMS allows records to be classified to quickly find the documents that have not yet been attended from the assigned documents. The system also allows users to filter the records based on the status of the records such as completed, pending and late to take action. The users can sort the records on the record date in ascending or descending order
- Document Tracking: The EDMS provides facilities for PMO users to track documents. To implement this feature, the system maintains the document processing history.
- Document Retrieval and Search: EDMS offer powerful search capabilities to find documents quickly and efficiently based on metadata attributes (e.g., Reference No, Sender Name, Sender NIC Sender TP No, Sender Address, Subject Register Post No, etc..). This functionality helps save time and improves productivity by eliminating the need to manually browse through folders.
- Document Creation: The system has a facility for creating documents in pre-formatted templates that allow users to minimize typos.
- Records Management: The EDMS supports records management functionalities to manage the lifecycle of documents, including retention, archival, and disposal.
- SMS Forwarding: The system has been integrated with an SMS gateway for sending SMS acknowledgements to customers when registering documents with the system. The acknowledgement contains the Reference No of the registered document.
- Reporting and Analytics: The system provides reporting and analytics capabilities to generate insights and metrics related to document usage, activity, and performance. This helps PMO management to monitor and optimize their document management processes.
- Call-Up Entries: The system facilitates PMO staff to enter reminders about things to remember in the document management process.
2. Vehicle Management System
A comprehensive software solution (VMS) has been designed in-house to efficiently manage and organize various aspects of a fleet of vehicles at the Prime Minister’s Office. The main goal of the VMS is to enhance fleet performance, reduce operating costs, and improve overall efficiency.
- User Login: The user must log in first to access the system.
- Online Vehicle Requests: A vehicle request originates by WhatsApp form and passes it as a WhatsApp message for the approval process. The system provides facilities to extract data from WhatsApp messages and schedule vehicles with drivers. This feature eliminates the need for manual paperwork and facilitates efficient communication between requestors and fleet managers. The system automatically suggests available vehicles and drivers for the required time. Furthermore, it notifies the driver about the duty via SMS and passengers also receive notifications containing vehicle and driver details through SMS.
- Group Transport Arrangement: The Vehicle Management System offers the functionality to arrange group transports for the officials who perform special duties in late hours. This feature allows for the scheduling and coordination of vehicles to transport a group of individuals, ensuring efficient utilization of resources.
- Driver Information Management: Tracking driver details is an essential feature of the system. It provides a centralized database to store and manage driver information, including contact details, driving license details, vehicle assignment details and availability. This feature helps ensure compliance, facilitates communication and simplifies driver assignment processes. The system generates alerts when a particular driver’s driving license expires.
- Vehicle Information Management: This feature helps to maintain a comprehensive database of all vehicles in the fleet, including vehicle details such as make, model, year, registration number and details, service mileage or duration, and service agent. The system provides the capability to upload photos of the vehicle and the registration copy. The system generates notifications when a vehicle’s revenue license expires.
- Fuel Detail Management: Effective fuel management is crucial for optimizing costs and monitoring vehicle efficiency. The system allows for the tracking and recording of fuel consumption details. This feature provides insights into fuel usage patterns, identifies potential areas for improvement, and generates reports to support informed decision-making.
- Repair Details Management: Maintaining a comprehensive record of vehicle repairs is essential for effective fleet management. The Vehicle Management System enables tracking and documenting repair details, including dates, maintenance tasks performed, replaced parts, and costs incurred. This feature aids in monitoring vehicle health, identifying recurring issues, and facilitating proactive maintenance.
- Service Details Management: Tracking service details is another vital aspect of the VMS. It allows users to record and monitor service schedules, such as routine maintenance, inspections, and servicing. The System dynamically generates alerts when routine services and maintenance are due. This feature ensures timely servicing, minimizes the risk of unexpected breakdowns, and extends the lifespan of vehicles.
- Reporting and Analytics: The system provides reporting and analytics capabilities to generate insights and metrics related to fuel consumption, repair cost service add maintenance cost. This helps fleet managers to monitor and optimize the performance and costs.
3. Asset Management System (AMS)
This information system is designed to record asset details and manage them within the Prime Minister’s Office. The system maintains a comprehensive database of all assets, containing details such as asset type, description, model, manufacturer, purchase date, warranty information, and more. It facilitates the tracking of equipment such as computers, printers, monitors, scanners, network devices, UPS, photocopiers, and furniture. The system optimizes equipment management by offering features to generate reports. Users can filter equipment based on purchase period, equipment type, division, and more. The system also provides a QR code generation feature for each piece of equipment to quickly identify and update asset information, primarily to track movements within branches, aiding in the board of surveys."
4. A Cabinet Decision Follow-Up System (CDF-up)
Cabinet Decision Follow-Up System is a specialized software solution used in the Prime Minister’s Office to monitor the progress of implementation of the decisions made by the Cabinet of Ministers. The system serves as a centralized repository for all Cabinet Memorandums and Decisions made by the cabinet. The system enables its users to search for Cabinet Memorandums and Decisions by date, reference no, relevant ministry and context. For each decision, specific tasks or action items are assigned to responsible individuals. This includes defining roles, responsibilities, and deadlines. The system allows to record the progress of each assigned task and alerts when the task reaches its deadline. Robust security measures are implemented to protect sensitive and confidential information from unauthorized access or breaches.
5. Procurement Information System (PIS)
Procurement Information System (PIS) is a software solution designed to manage and streamline The Prime Minister’s Office procurement processes. It is a Management Information System for the acquisition of goods, services, and resources needed for operations. It helps to enhance efficiency and compliance with the procurement guideline.
In addition to the above systems, developments are underway for the following systems in the process of digitalizing the Prime Minister's Office.
- Human Resource Management System (e-HRM)
- Management System (e-Store)
- Meeting Management System (MMS)